Disability Cart Service with TapRide
The Disability Cart Service Program is a free service that is provided to all University of Arizona students, staff, faculty, and public participants in UA campus programs who have a permanent or temporary impairment that creates a need for special transportation services.
To qualify for Disability Cart Service, the prospective rider MUST obtain approval through the University Campus Health or the University Disability Resource Center. Please see below information on Campus Health and the Disability Resource Center:
Campus Health: (520) 621-9202, 1224 E Lowell St, Tucson, AZ 85721
Disability Resource Center: (520) 621-3268, 1224 E Lowell St, Tucson, AZ 85721
Once Campus Health or the Disability Resource Center grants approval, Parking and Transportation Services will receive an approval letter and the rider will be sent a welcome email that contains further information about the operations of Disability Cart Service.
We are excited to introduce TapRide, our newest amenity to our Disability Cart Service program. TapRide is a mobile application that can be used to schedule rides and get trip updates in real-time. Riders will now have the ability to easily update ride requests and receive notifications when their driver has arrived.
Our friendly team members are here to help should you need assistance scheduling a ride request, please contact us at PTS-CartService@email.arizona.edu.
Schedule Rides with TapRide
- Download the TapRide. It is free to download from the Apple and Google Play store by searching for "Tapride."
- Set-up your account by selecting "University of Arizona Parking & Transportation Services" from the app's welcome screen.
- Create your TapRide account using your full email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) as the username.
- Contact Dispatch at 520-626-2278 to authorize your account.
- Enable notifications for TapRide to alert you when your ride arrives.
Schedule a Ride:
- Select the time and date.
- Select your "Pick-up" location
- Select your "Drop-off" location.
- Enter the ride details and click "Submit Ride."
- To cancel a request, select "Cancel My Ride."
- Every attempt will be made to meet the riders request please allow for sufficient travel time. If your class begins at 10 AM, schedule your pickup time for 9:45 AM.
- Please be on time. Drivers will wait 2 minutes for riders then proceed to the next scheduled pickup. If the rider is late and misses their scheduled pickup, they must request an Addon Pickup using the online Disability Cart Service Tool.
- Riders must adhere to the DCS Regulations and Rules, see below.
- Riders are responsible for requesting approval forms from Campus Health or Disability Resource Center and submitting to PTS.
Regulations and Rules
Riders are required to treat the Cart Service drivers, Office staff, and all other riders with respect at all times. Inappropriate language and/or behavior is unacceptable. Parking and Transportation Services reserve the right to deny service to anyone.
Riders are required to wear a seatbelt while being transported unless injury or condition would preclude them from doing so. Only riders approved to use Disability Cat Service will be transported.
Advanced scheduling is required. Ride reservations must be submitted at least 30 minutes prior to the requested pick-up time. Ride requested are given priority based on when they are submitted to the TapRide system.
Disability Cart Service assumes no responsibility for late arrivals at the designated pickup points. Drivers will wait 2 minutes for the rider then driver will proceed to the next scheduled pickup. If the rider is late and misses their scheduled pickup, they must request another ride using the TapRide Application. In case of urgent circumstances, riders may call Disability Cart Service at 626-2278. Persistent tardiness may result in the suspension of services.
A rider is considered a No Show if the rider fails to board or fails to be ready to board during the established window of service. Failure to show at your designated pickup point four (4) times in an academic year may result in a cancellation of service.
30-minutes notice for cancellations must be provided to Disability Cart Service, via cancelation of the request on TapRide. Riders can make adjustments to their schedule on the TapRide Application. If the rider is unable to notify us 30-minutes in advance due to serious illness or other emergency circumstances, contact Disability Cart Service office at (520) 626-2278 as soon as possible.