U-Pass for Tucson Transit
FACE COVERINGS REQUIRED ON TRANSIT Non-medical masks, cloths, bandanas and scarves can be used.
PURCHASE U-PASS WITH 50% SUBSIDY FROM PTS!
The U-Pass is a discounted transit SunGo pass available to University of Arizona students, faculty, and staff. We offer semester, annual, regular, and express products as well as a physical card or mobile pass available through GoTucson Mobile Transit app. A U-Pass provides unlimited rides on the City of Tucson Sun Tran Bus System and Sun Link Streetcar.
We offer a physical pass or a mobile pass, sell annual and semester passes, and express or regular service. See descriptions below for more information.
Register your card! You must use your official UA email to register your GoTucson app account. If an unregistered card is lost or stolen, the balance will not transfer to your new card.
Go to ManageSunGoCard to register your Sun Go U-Pass card. Contact Sun Tran customer service at (520) 792-9222 if you need assistance.
- Customer with an existing U-Pass Card on record with our office: Your new pass will be loaded onto the same card. Allow 3 business days for your card to activate.
- New Customers: A U-Pass card will be mailed to you with your pass loaded onto the card. Allow 5 to 10 business days. Once you receive the card, it will be ready to use.
- If you purchase the U-Pass card in our office, a fee may apply. You will need to wait up to 3 days for the card to become active.
GoTucson Transit Mobile App
- Use the app to download your pass onto your mobile phone.
- User guide, includes step-by-step instructions on how to download the app, and view your live ticket.
- Contact Sun Tran customer service at 520-792-9222 if you are experiencing any issues with downloading the app.
- A convenience fee applies.
- Online Purchase: We will issue you an activation code via your UA email address. Please allow 2 business days
|Valid||8/17/2020 - 7/31/2020||8/19/2020 - 12/31/2020
1/1/2021 - 5/31/2021
|How do I use my u-pass to board?||Use the GoTucson Transit App||Scan a physical card|
|When can I use my u-pass?||2 business days||As soon as it arrives in the mail OR 3 business days after purchase in the PTS office|
|Which routes can I access?||Any Sun Tran bus and the Sun Link streetcar||Only non-express Sun Tran busses AND the Sun Link streetcar|
Sun Tran Price List
NO REFUNDS, EXCHANGES or PRO-RATED REFUNDS
Semesters run from August - December and January - May. Sun Tran does not offer a summer only product.
|Product||U-Pass||Sun Tran Price|
|Semester (Fall / Spring)||$98||$192|
|Semester Express (Fall / Spring)||$130||$256|
|Rolling 30 Day Pass||$25|
|Semester Express (Fall/Spring)||$130||$261|
|Mobile Annual Express||$309||$618|
The process looks different from last year. Here are some screenshots to help navigate the way. Go to parking.arizona.edu. Click on Parking Account Portal, & login with UA NetID.
- Click "Get Permits" and review guidelines.
- Select desired transit pass (annual/semester or pass/mobile)
- Make purchase and wait for processing and delivery.
Sun Tran, Sun Link, and Sun Shuttle route schedules and maps are available online:
- Visit www.Suntran.com for more information.
- Visit www.SunlinkSteetcar.com for more information.
- View Step-by-step instructions on how to activate your mobile u-pass are available