Cat Tran Charter Service
About Our Cat Tran Charter ServiceParking & Transportation Services provides this service as a courtesy to the University on a resource available basis and not as an obligated extension of the service it provides. PTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate department requests for this service.
- Who can charter a Cat Tran through UA Parking & Transportation Services?
All staff, faculty, students, University of Arizona affiliated institutes, and groups associated with UA events are eligible for our services and rates. Non-affiliate groups may use the service as long as they are sponsored by a UA Department and provide a KFS billing number.
No Cat Tran charter service will be authorized for destinations more than 150 miles from the PTS building (as indicated by a mapping platform like Map Quest, or Google maps) without the expressed approval of the Executive Director of PTS, or designee.
No smoking or eating on shuttles, and drinks must have a lid. Alcohol is prohibited.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions?
Cat Tran Charter Services
- What are the rates to rent a Cat Tran charter?
The cost per shuttle, per day is $200 for the first three hours and $60 each additional hour, with a daily per shuttle maximum of $600. This pricing is consistent throughout the year.
There is a $40 cancellation fee if cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the event and $80 if cancelled less than 2 hours prior to the event. For off-campus shuttle requests, time for billing starts when the shuttle leaves campus and ends when the shuttle returns to campus. For on-campus shuttle requests, billing starts when the shuttle arrives at the pick-up location and ends when passengers are returned to their final destination point.
Cat Trans can accommodate up to 24 seated passengers, or 22 seated and one wheelchair. The shuttle is not equipped to safely transport luggage along with passengers.
The above mentioned cost includes the shuttle, driver, fuel, and insurance.
- Is the customer guaranteed a reservation when making a request?
- No. Since reservations are made based on availability, it is best to make a request at least ten working days before the Cat Tran charter is needed. Requests for the use of a shuttle during normal business hours may be denied based on the lack of shuttles and/or drivers.
- Request a Cat Tran Charter Reservation
- An online Request Application must be completed in order to provide you with an estimate or information about availability. Submitting this form does not obligate you to contract our services.