Cat Tran Charter Service
About Our Cat Tran Charter ServiceParking & Transportation Services (PTS) provides this service as a courtesy to the University on a resource available basis and not as an obligated extension of the service it provides. PTS will make every reasonable effort to accommodate department requests for this service.
- Who can charter a Cat Tran through UArizona Parking & Transportation Services?
All staff, faculty, students, University of Arizona affiliated institutes, and groups associated with the University of Arizona events are eligible for our services and rates. Non-affiliate groups may use the service as long as they are sponsored by a University of Arizona Department and provide a KFS billing number.
Cat Tran charter service will not be authorized for destinations more than 150 total miles from the Parking & Transportation Building (as indicated by a mapping platform like Map Quest or Google maps) without the expressed approval of the Executive Director of Parking & Transportation Services, or designee.
Alcohol, smoking, and eating is prohibited on all buses. Drinks must have a lid.
- Whom do I contact if I have questions?
Cat Tran Charter Services
- What are the rates to rent a Cat Tran charter?
The cost per bus, per day, is $270 for the first three hours and $90 each additional hour. A minimum of 3 hours is required with no daily maximum.
There is a $50 cancellation fee if cancelled less than 24 hours prior to the event and $270 if cancelled less than 2 hours prior to the event. For off-campus charter requests, time for billing starts when the bus leaves campus and ends when the bus returns to campus. For on-campus charter requests, billing starts when the bus arrives at the pick-up location and ends when passengers are returned to their final destination point.
Cat Trans can accommodate up to 24 seated passengers, or 23 seated and one wheelchair. The bus is not equipped to safely transport luggage along with passengers.
The above-mentioned cost includes the bus, driver, fuel, and insurance.
- Is the customer guaranteed a reservation when making a request?
- No. Since reservations are made based on availability, it is best to make a request at least ten (10) working days before the Cat Tran charter is needed. Requests for the use of a Cat Tran bus during normal business hours may be denied based on the lack of buses and/or drivers.
- Request a Cat Tran Charter Reservation
- An online Request Application must be completed to provide you with an estimate or information about availability. Submitting this form does not obligate you to contract our services.