PBC Cat Wheels Bike Sharing Program
ABOUT CAT WHEELS BIKES
The Cat-Wheels Bike Program is a Parking & Transportation initiative designed to provide a free bicycle loan system for Phoenix Biomedical Campus. The program is developed to help students and staff move around campus in a quick, safe, and sustainable fashion. Seven bikes are available, from single-speed cruisers to seven-speeds, and come with a U-lock and a set of attachable bike lights. You can check out a bike for up to a week!
SIGNING UP & CAT WHEELS BICYCLE LOANER RULES
- Bikes are available (free of charge) to the UA, ASU and NAU PBC community. Students or employees must have a current/valid PBC access card.
- High quality U-Lock, key, and set of attachable lights provided with each bike.
- Bicycle along with U-lock, key, and lights must be returned in the same condition as when checked out.
- Bikes can be checked-out: Monday Friday
- Basement of Building 1: 8 a.m. 11 a.m. and 2 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- Front desk of HSEB (next to security): 11 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The first time you check out a bike, the parking coordinator will ask you to read and sign a liability form. All subsequent check-outs will require your PBC access card only.
- Bicycles are issued on a first come first served basis (no advanced reservations).
- Bike loan agreement may be accessed online, printed out, completed, and taken to one of the appropriate locations listed above OR, you can go directly to the site location and request and complete the form right at the site location. The process is simple, easy and fast.
- Bicycle must be returned to the bike enclosure and the access card dropped off at the security desk of HSEB.
- A daily late fee of $10.00 will apply - up to the cost of replacing the bicycle. Any user not returning bicycle after 7 days will be reported to UAPD (University Police).
- User indemnifies the University and agrees to pay for replacement costs in case of loss of bicycle and/or equipment (lock, key, and/or lights). See rental agreement form for specifics.
- Users agrees to allow PTS to collect any fees through their Bursars account (if student) or payroll deduction (if employee).
- Bike renewals are allowed provided availability of a different bike.
- User agrees to use bicycle responsibly, according to all applicable laws.
- Helmets are available, upon request, at check-out time.