Where to Park
Legal Parking Spaces and Areas
Always park your car within a legal parking space:
- between two stall lines in paved areas
- perpendicular to a bumper block in dirt lots
- between signs for parallel parking
NOT SURE? Don't park there...it probably isn't a legal space!
These spaces require special permits:
- Service vehicle areas (denoted by signs and/or yellow pavement markings)
- Disabled spaces (denoted by signs)
- Reserved spaces (denoted by signs)
- Meters reserved with blue bags
- University Mall area
- Carpool Spaces
Vehicles parking in these spaces are subject to immediate impoundment (immobilization or tow).
Do not park in:
- Fire zones (denoted by signs and/or red pavement markings)
- Ramps for the disabled
- Parking lot aisles
- Hatchmarked crosswalks
- Parking a vehicle on a landscape area(s) (e.g. gravel, dirt or lawn).
- University Mall between the Cactus garden and the west University gate
- Any areas necessary for vehicular movement or garbage pickup
- Meters reserved with Red bags
Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to reserve any lot and/or parking structure for the exclusive use of a special
and/or athletic event.
Spaces designated for transporting materials or goods. Use is limited to 20 minutes unless otherwise designated. These areas are
enforced 24 hours a day.
Motorcycles and Motor Driven Cycles must park only in areas designated for motorcycles, Permits are required,
with the exception of metered parking spaces. Where motorcycle spaces are individually marked, only one motorcycle is permitted per space.
Motorcycle parking is designated by M
, under the Parking
section, of the Campus Parking Map