Carpool Parking Program
The University of Arizona Carpool Parking Program is administered through Parking and Transportation Services, and open to faculty, staff, and students currently employed or registered at the University who live off campus.
Eligible carpools consist of three or more individuals sharing one permit per carpool (members can register more than one vehicle) on the majority of their commute trips to campus. A carpool waitlist application must be turned in at the Customer Relations Section of Parking and Transportation Services. When the carpool has been approved all carpool members must be present at the time the permit is issued. All carpool members are responsible for knowing and complying with the parking regulations on campus, including carpool regulations.
Any loss of a Carpool participant by change in affiliation, any abuse or deception by any member in the carpool program is grounds for surrendering the carpool permit. Any type of falsification or improper use of a University of Arizona parking permit or persistent violations are grounds for citations, impoundment of vehicle, or revocation of parking privileges for a faculty, staff or student. The Director of Parking and Transportation Services reserves the right to make this decision.
Need Help Finding UA Carpool Partners?
Join your fellow Wildcats who are sharing rides and carpooling with friends and classmates through UA Zimride. In seconds you can set up a profile, search for open seats, or post a ride of your own.
Carpool LotsThe following lots are the only designated carpool lots:
- Lot 1018
- Lot 2012
- Lot 3039
- Lot 4052
- Lot 6097
- A limited number of spaces in each garage
Obtaining a Carpool Permit
- Individuals wishing to become part of the carpool program can call 626-PARK (7275) to inquire about lots/garages available.
- A carpool waitlist application must be completed and returned by one member of the carpool.
- All members of the carpool must have a current affiliation with the University of Arizona and live outside the Carpool boundaries (Broadway Blvd. to the South, Grant Rd. to the North, Tucson Blvd. to the East and Stone Ave. to the West). Proof of residency at that address will be required.
- One member of the carpool is designated as the Point Of Contact (POC).
- After acceptance each carpool member must complete a permit application (all vehicles used by carpool members must be included on the application).
- All members must be present when picking up the carpool permit (three or more individuals constitute a carpool).
- The price of the carpool is the price of the lot or garage location selected. All members of the car pool share the permit price.
- If a carpool is started after the beginning of the permit cycle, a prorated amount will apply to the remaining price of the carpool permit.
- If payment is through payroll deduction, the POC will receive the deductions in her/his paycheck. The remaining members of the carpool must reimburse their portion of the carpool cost directly with the POC.
- Any University parking citations from carpool members are the responsibility of the owner of the vehicle that the citation was issued to.
- Upon request all carpool members will be given one Garage Daily Pass per permit year valid for ten days of parking which will allow you to park with unlimited entries and exits in all garages except Second St garage. Not valid for special events or overnight parking.
- A designated lot or garage will contain the group's carpool space. There will be no assigned space, rather a zone within the lot or garage designated for carpool permits.
- Existing carpools are given priority renewal at the beginning of each parking permit sales year.
- If the carpool dissolves, members would have their previous permits reinstated at the prorated cost.
- Carpool permits are not valid during athletic events in the Cherry Garage, and specific Zone 1 lots throughout campus.
- Hours of control for carpool spaces are 7:00am-5:00pm, Monday-Friday.
- Carpool participants may not possess a separate permit, bus pass or Cat Tran boarding pass.
- Participants must contact Parking and Transportation Services within ten business days if their University affiliation status changes.
- Failure to do so may result in notification of suspension of Carpool parking privileges, surrender of the Carpool permit and denial of future Carpool permits/privileges.
I have read and understand these restrictions and wish to proceed to the Carpool Waitlist Application.
Parking & Transportation Services, 1117 E Sixth St, Tucson, AZ 85721-0181
520.626.PARK(7275), All contents Copyright (c) 2005 - 2013