NEW 2012-2013 U-Pass Discounted Bus Pass Program.
We now have a 50% discount on our semester passes
Sun Tran has delayed implementing the new Smart Card fare payment system until July 2013. We will use the magnetic U-Pass for the spring and summer 2012-2013 school year. We have the following service offerings for you.
Spring Semester U-Pass Prices:
Spring Semester Pass is
Spring Semester Express Pass
Purchase dates are Dec.6, 2012 to Feb. 28, 2013. and the passes are valid Jan 1, 2013 to May 31, 2013.
Spring Summer U-Pass Prices:
Spring Summer Pass is
Spring Summer Express Pass is
Purchase dates are Dec.6, 2012 to Apr. 30, 2013. and the passes are valid Jan 1, 2013 to July 31, 2013.
Additionally, a monthly and monthly express pass can be purchased during the following months: March 2013, April 2013, May 2013, June 2013 and July 2013. The full fare monthly pass is $42 and the full fare monthly Express pass is $56.
We will advertise the 2013-2014 school year Sun Tran bus pass offerings as we get more information.
Eligibility and Requirements
- Offered to UA students, faculty, and staff.
- One bus pass is issued per customer.
- Bus pass sales are subject to funding availability.
- Outstanding fines/fees owed to Parking and Transportations Services must be paid prior to purchasing a bus pass.
- Lost/stolen passes are not replaced at discounted fare.
- Bus pass may not be returned for refund or exchange.
- No prorated pricing on U-Pass
- The University of Arizona is not responsible for performance of Sun Tran service.
- Must be enrolled for 3 units or more per semester at the UA. Verification of enrollment is required.
- Must be a current UA employee on the UA payroll.
- Verification of employment with the UA is required.
- Payroll deduction is available for benefits-eligible employees, (faculty/staff, half-time or greater) depending on the date of purchase.
Lost/Stolen Bus Passes
- Lost or stolen passes are replaced at the full fare rate, not the UA discounted rate.
For More Information
- Sun Tran Information Guides containing route schedules, route map, and ticket information are available at Parking and Transportation Services, the Student Recreation Center, the Student Union information desk, and in the lobby of the College of Medicine Bookstore.
- For questions about routes or monthly passes or pricing information, call the Sun Tran office at 792-9222, or visit their web site at http://www.suntran.com.